We are pleased to announce our next Permaculture Design Certified Course, which will take place from December 3 to December 15, 2012. This course is the result of the fruitful collaboration between IMAP and Atitlan Organics, and the course will be held at both centers (San Lucas Tolimán and Tzununá, on the shores of beautiful Lake Atitlán). The 2-week course offers the internationally recognized Permaculture Design Certificate curriculum and covers a broad range of themes to provide a holistic overview of permaculture practices, biodiversity and sustainable living. Topics include:
- Introduction to permaculture: history, ethics & principles
- Mayan culture and biodiversity
- Reading and understanding the landscape
- Natural principles and Permaculture design
- Natural and cultivated ecosystems
- Developing productive systems with permaculture
- Social permaculture and community self sufficiency
- Drawing techniques and hands-on design projects
We train people of all backgrounds, ages, experience and skills to design using natural patterns based on ecological principles. Our graduates leave ready to apply what they’ve learned in their yards, on their land, and in their homes and businesses. Ronaldo Lec Ajcot (IMAP) and Shad Qudsi (Atitlan Organics), as well as many other local guest teachers, will be leading this course.
Please make a 200 USD deposit using the paypal button below to secure your booking for the course. Only a limited number of participants can be accepted for the course.