Through our volunteer program, you can offer a helping hand for IMAP’s ongoing projects on-site and within the communities. while learning and sharing experiences about permaculture. Generally, volunteers’ time is shared between daily activities geared toward maintenance and improvement of the permaculture centre, and IMAP’s ongoing projects.
Long term volunteers (six months or more) will have the opportunity to get more involved in IMAP’s operations and community life, through work in team meetings, seed fairs, and local events.
On-site tasks include:
• Maintenance and improvement of gardens, nurseries and gardens
• Construction of new infrastructure, bio-construction and construction using recycled materials (buildings, solar showers, terraces, paths)
• Sustainable technology projects (eg. solar ovens)
• Documentation (inventory and labeling of plant species)
• Seed bank support (germination tests, seed catalogue, packing of seeds for sale, selection and preparation of seeds)
We also seek volunteers with knowledge of and experience in:
• Social media
• Marketing & sales
What we Require of Volunteers:
• Minimum 1 month commitment, or an alternative schedule as negotiated with the Volunteer Coordinator
• Intermediate conversational Spanish
• Independent, self-motivated, open-minded, inventive and resourceful attitude
• Interest in working with local communities
• Committed to the environment
Your contribution is very important – it goes toward supporting IMAP’s operations and keeping the volunteer program self-sufficient (not depending on external financing).
Staying At IMAP
• In an ecological guesthouse – Q75 per night (see housing options here)
• Camping (tent not included) – Q50 per night
Up to a month: Q55 per night + Q15 for 3 meals daily
Over a month: Q40 per night + Q15 for 3 meals daily.
Laundry service is included.
Interested in volunteering at IMAP? Please send us your Volunteer Application and your current CV at email@example.com.